Special Summer CPD Offer for teaching professionals at all levels
Book now to secure your place and discount. We have released a special CPD summer offer on short courses starting 14 July. Suitable for qualified classroom teachers, teaching/learning assistants, study skills tutors, and those working overseas. These CPD courses are delivered entirely online and do not require access to a student or learner, so would be perfect to complete over the summer break. Our courses focus on nurturing the development of learners within the classroom/learning environment both with and without specific learning difficulties. Tutor support is given throughout the duration of the course.
Nurture the development of school learners with dyslexia and specific learning difficulties (SpLDs)
- Assistive technologies Dyslexia and co-occurring difficulties
- Memory weaknesses
- Structured, cumulative multisensory tuition
- Study skills
Many of our level 4 and 5 units focus on how to nurture the development of school learners with dyslexia with regard to key skills, such as:
Other modules focus on
Building relationships in the classroom –The Emotionally Connected Classroom course
The Emotionally Connected Classroom Level 5 online course introduces how relationships and connections can be developed in a classroom environment to help support pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs.
By studying this short seven-week CPD course, you will be able to understand how emotions can be influenced by the thinking brain and the consequences learning can have in the classroom.
On completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the impact of stress and trauma on the brain
- Discuss pupils’ emotions and the impact this can have on their behaviour
- Identify ideas for developing relational based practice in your provision
- Apply strategies to build pupils resources and resilience to manage their emotions
- Promote a positive message around well-being and mental health, including how relationships and connections can be developed in a classroom environment to help support pupils with special education needs.
- Support teaching assistant roles, as well as teachers, SENCOs, and other SEND professionals implement effective intervention strategies for pupils with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs in classroom settings.
How are the CPD courses delivered?
- The courses are delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance.
- Each unit course requires between 20-30 hours of study over a seven-week period.
- There are set start and assignment submission dates.
- To study you should be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with primary, secondary, or adult learners in the UK or overseas.
CPD Standards Office Accreditation
Dyslexia Action Training has been successfully assessed as an online CPD provider by The CPD Standards Office and has received formal independent CPD accreditation for its online units. All our units will be issued with a Dyslexia Action Certificate of Completion. This certificate can subsequently be used within a formal CPD record for a professional body or employer.
How to register for Dyslexia Action Training Summer CPD Offer
Whenever you are ready to take advantage of this offer, please follow these simple steps:
- Choose your CPD unit(s). A description of all our available courses can be found here
- Go to our booking page online to select your chosen course and the date you wish to start e.g 14 July.
- On the next page, click ‘Register’ to complete a submit the form – the discount will be applied automatically on the booking form.
- Please note bookings close on 1st July if you require an invoice upfront (a £30 inclusive VAT charge is added) if paying online with a debit or credit card, bookings close 12 July – no additional fee.