Why take this short course?
DACPD96 – The level 5 Unit in Developing Literacy Skills with Assistive Technology provides resources that support the development of literacy skills through the use of assistive technology in learning environments and in the workplace. It will introduce approaches utilising assistive technology that can enable individuals with dyslexia and diverse needs to overcome barriers that add pressure to literacy, planning and organisational tasks. It will show how assistive technology enables individuals to complete literacy tasks successfully with a focus on cultivating learner autonomy. The emphasis of this unit is on critical evaluation of relevant teaching strategies and creating individual assistive technology ‘toolkits’ to support a range of needs.
On completion, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the context of assistive technology relative to current legislation
- Determine how assistive technology can best support inclusion and equality across educational settings
- Describe how assistive technology supports Examination Access Arrangements in the school context
- Describe how assistive technology supports Disabled Student’s Allowances (DSA’s) in the higher education context
How is the course delivered?
- The courses are only delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organize your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time per Unit is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 6 week period per Unit)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the induction and course
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points if English is second language
- Pay Online at the time of registration £295 + VAT.
- Pay Later £325 + VAT.
* Please note there is an additional fee of £25(Plus VAT) for any payments not made online at the time of registration by credit/debit card
* Please click here for Information about Reclaiming VAT
Please click on the date below to make a booking.