Why take this short course?
DACPD53– This Level 5 Unit introduces the practitioner to the concepts of structured, cumulative, multisensory learning. The links between attention, memory and multisensory input are explained, and the need for structured, explicit intervention is examined. Completion of the Unit will enable the practitioner to design lessons which maximise learning potential.
On completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of structured, cumulative, multisensory tuition.
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of structure in supporting learners with dyslexia and co-occurring difficulties.
- Distinguish between the practices of over-learning and cumulative tuition.
- Describe the link between multisensory input, attention and memory.
How is the course delivered?
- The course is delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 7 week period)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the course
- This qualification equates to Level 4 or 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally.
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function.
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points.
- Pay online by debit/credit card at the time of registration £295+VAT.
- Pay later £320+VAT (this price includes an additional fee of £25+VAT for those choosing not to pay online at time of registration. All monies must be received before the start of the course, the pay later option is only available up to 2 weeks before the start of the course)
Please click on the date below to make a booking.
May cohort – Book by 24 April (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 1 May if paying by credit/debit card.
July cohort – Book by 26 June (if pay later/invoice required upfront ) or book by 3 July if paying by credit/debit card.
Our Level 4 and 5 CPD programme is approved by The CPD Standards Office.