Why take this short course?
DACPD51 – This short co-occurring level 4 unit course provides an introduction to key elements of current research and practice in dyslexia, and conditions that commonly co-occur with it. It aims to provide an understanding of current theories of dyslexia and the impact that dyslexia and co-occurring difficulties have on performance in a range of settings.
On completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify key features of dyslexia and examine a range of current definitions of dyslexia
- Identify the key features of conditions commonly co-occurring with dyslexia
- Recognise the impact that dyslexia, and the overlap with conditions that commonly co-occur with it, has on day-to-day living and academic progress.
How is the course delivered?
- The course is delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 7 week period)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the course
- This qualification equates to Level 4 or 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points.
Please note: We reserve the right to request information in support of all applications from a headteacher or other suitably qualified line manager or referee.
CPD Progression - is this unit part of an Award, Certificate or Diploma qualification?
- Pay online by debit/credit card at the time of registration £295+VAT.
- Pay later £320+VAT (this price includes an additional fee of £25+VAT for those choosing not to pay online at time of registration. All monies must be received before the start of the course, the pay later option is only available up to 2 weeks before the start of the course)
Please click on the date below to make a booking.
- 22 January 2020
Book by 8 January (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 15 January if paying by credit/debit card.
- 18 March 2020
Book by 4 March (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 11 March if paying by credit/debit card.
- 13 May 2020
Book by 29 April (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 6 May if paying by credit/debit card.
- 15 July 2020
Book by 1 July (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 12 July if paying by credit/debit card.
What our delegates say about this course
“Thank you very much! I found this course extremely helpful and interesting!”
“This course was very informative and well presented. Excellent support from tutor with quick and helpful responses. This has been my first experience with Dyslexia Action and I intend to study further from here.”
Our Level 4 and 5 CPD programme is approved by The CPD Standards Office.