What our delegates say about our courses
“Having completed the first part of the diploma pathway I have seen how this programme has had a positive impact on my role. As a Curriculum Manager for Additional Learning Support I have adopted strategies learnt on this course, which as a result, benefited both our staff and students and my organisation.
The opportunity to achieve the full Diploma will provide excellent CPD, which will help me to reach one of my goals of being a dyslexia specialist. This will enable to support members of my team better, as well as the students we support.”
“The support offered here is excellent, the tutors are always available to help and I would highly recommend you study with Dyslexia Action”
“Excellent well structured and supported courses! Thank you!”
“The course provided a practical solution to CPD when other courses were impossible due to cost, time and location”
The Certificate in Supporting Adults with Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties (DACRT56)
The Adult and FE/HE SpLD Teacher/Practitioner programme and is ideal for a wide range of education professionals including support tutors, learning support staff and those working with further and higher education students and adults. This is also the baseline qualification for those seeking membership for DSA NMH membership.
Delivered entirely online, The Level 5 Certificate – Supporting Adults with Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties is created by experts with real-world educational experience to empower delegates with practical and actionable skills, allowing you not only to engage with students with increased confidence but also create a pathway for professional progression.
By joining the Adult and FE/HE SpLD Teacher/Practitioner programme you will:
- Add real value to your educational setting, bringing new skills and abilities to create the optimum outcomes for students in your care
- Develop practical competence and personal confidence in your strategies in working with students with literacy challenges
- Learn whilst you study, with our practice-led approach helping embed your new theoretical knowledge in your real-world circumstances
- Start on the pathway to gaining the Level 5 Diploma in Specialist Teaching for Literacy-Related Difficulties (DIST) which once completed, would make you eligible for Associate Membership (ADG) of The Dyslexia Guild
Discover the Certificate Content
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience
- Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
Participants should normally be employed as a:
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor with at least one year of recent and relevant teaching experience in a dyslexia/literacy support setting and employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points.
Please note that the Supporting Adults Programme is a programme for those working with adults with dyslexia and literacy difficulties and is appropriate for a variety of settings. Those who wish to undertake this programme should be instructors, tutors, learning support staff or lecturers and those looking to support DSA band 4 study skills students.
We reserve the right to request information in support of all applications from a headteacher or other suitably qualified line manager or referee.
CPD Progression - is this Certificate part of a Diploma qualification?
When can I start, how do I apply and how much does it cost?
Courses run six times a year with start dates in September, November, January, March, May, and July
- You can sign up to each unit individually paying per unit as you study, £295+VAT per unit
Interested in signing up for individual units? Please complete an online booking form here.
- Book three units (an award) at the same time and make a saving of £30 by paying £855+VAT per award:
Level 5 Supporting Adults with Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties (DAAWD59) contains units 91,92,96
Level 5 Learning Support for Adults with Dyslexia (DAAWD60) contains units 52,93,94
Qualifications you can trust
Our Level 4 and 5 CPD programme is approved by The CPD Standards Office and you receive a certificate from Dyslexia Action upon completion.