DAAWD60 – The Level 5 Award in Learning Support for Adults with Dyslexia course explores three key specialist areas of learning and acknowledge the diverse classroom of today. You will learn how to address memory weakness in the learners you work with, develop writing skills and support EAL learners with dyslexia, exploring recent research that underpins the teaching methods to support learners with dyslexia and with EAL.
The Award consists of three Units.
How is the programme delivered?
- The courses are delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time per unit is 3 – 5 hrs a week, 20 – 30 hours total study over a 7 week period per unit*
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the induction and course
- Our units equate to Level 4 or 5 on the Register of Regulated Qualifications (RQF).
*e.g. if the participant registers to study for the first of three Units in January 2020, they can then study Unit 2 in March 2020 and Unit 3 in May 2020.
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points.
Please note: We reserve the right to request information in support of all applications from a headteacher or other suitably qualified line manager or referee.
CPD Progression - is this Award part of a Certificate or Diploma qualification?
- Pay online by debit/credit card at the time of registration £855+VAT (making a saving of £10 per unit if booking three units individually)
- Pay later £880+VAT (this price includes an additional fee of £25+VAT for those choosing not to pay online at time of registration. All monies must be received before the start of the course, the pay later option is only available up to 2 weeks before the start of the course)
Please click on the date below to make a booking for the Award containing three units (click here to book the units individually):
- 18 November 2020
Book by 4 November (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 11 November if paying by credit/debit card.
- 20 January 2021
Book by 6 January (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 13 January if paying by credit/debit card.
- 17 March 2021
Book by 3 March (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 10 March if paying by credit/debit card.
- 12 May 2021
Book by 28 April (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 5 May if paying by credit/debit card.
- 14 July 2021
Book by 30 June (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 7 July if paying by credit/debit card.
Our courses run six times a year in September, November, January, March, May and July.
Our Level 4 and 5 CPD programme is approved by The CPD Standards Office.