What our delegates say about our courses
“The support offered here is excellent, the tutors are always available to help and I would highly recommend you study with Dyslexia Action”
“This is an excellent short CPD course for me and I have enjoyed every single minute of it. I am very pleased that the course run during the summer period, as this is the only time I can do any course to improve my skills. The tutors are very supportive.”
“Excellent well structured and supported courses! Thank you!”
“The course provided a practical solution to CPD when other courses were impossible due to cost, time and location”
The Certificate in Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia (DACRT67)
These SpLD qualifications are suitable for a wide range of education professionals and help supporting international teachers, teaching assistants and other practitioners based in a classroom.
Delivered entirely online, the Level 4 Certificate in Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia (DACRT67) is created by experts with real-world educational experience to empower delegates with practical and actionable skills, allowing you not only to engage with students with increased confidence but also to create a pathway for professional progression.
By joining this programme you we will help supporting international teachers and their leaners:
- Add real value to your educational setting, bringing new skills and abilities to create the optimum outcomes for students in your care
- Develop practical competence and personal confidence in your strategies in working with students with literacy challenges
- Learn whilst you study, with our practice-led approach helping embed your new theoretical knowledge in your real-world circumstances
- Start on the pathway to gaining the Level 5 Diploma in Specialist Teaching for Literacy-Related Difficulties (DIST) which once completed, would make you eligible for Associate Membership (ADG) of The Dyslexia Guild
Discover the Certificate Content
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience
- Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
Participants should normally be employed as a:
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants with at least one year of recent and relevant teaching or learning support experience in a dyslexia/literacy support setting in the UK or internationally
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points.
Please note: We reserve the right to request information in support of all applications from a headteacher or other suitably qualified line manager or referee
CPD Progression - is this Certificate part of a Diploma qualification?
This Certificate is part of a wider CPD programme that offers the opportunity to choose from a range of study options:
You cannot book this Certificate outright but must book either:
- Units DACPD51, 52, 53, 84, 85 or 94 individually
- Units 51, 52 & 53 as an Award in Perspectives on Dyslexia (DAAWD51)
Units 84, 85 & 94 as an Award in Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia – (DAAWD67)
By booking an Award you will save a total of £30 as opposed to booking the Units individually
- You can swap the Numeracy unit DACPD99 for either DACPD84 or 85
- If you complete The Certificate in Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia (DACRT67)* you may be considered to move on to the Level 5 Diploma in Specialist Teaching for Literacy-Related Difficulties (DIST parts two and three).Completion of DIST will confer eligibility for Associate Membership of The Dyslexia Guild (ADG) recognised as the first grade of professional membership for a specialist teacher/practitioner.The Level 5 Diploma in Specialist Teaching for Literacy-Related Difficulties is subject to accreditation by the British Dyslexia Association for Approved Teacher Status or Approved Practitioner Status (ATS/APS) and approved by The CPD Standards Office.
When can I start, how do I apply and how much does it cost?
Qualifications you can trust