Why take this short course?
DACPD99– This level 4 short course unit examines the processes involved in mathematical thinking and how they link to aspects of memory and attention. The difficulties that learners with dyslexia and co-occurring difficulties, particularly dyscalculia, can have with numeracy are explained. The association of ‘number sense’ (numerosity) with dyscalculia is also examined. The unit explores theory, offers some practical ideas and provides the practitioner with the fresh perspective necessary to effectively use structured, cumulative, multi sensory teaching to promote numeracy development in learners where it is stalled or significantly delayed.
How is the course delivered?
- The course is delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 7 week period)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the course
- This qualification equates to Level 4 or 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points if English is the second language
CPD Progression - is this unit part of an Award, Certificate or Diploma qualification?
- Pay online by debit/credit card at the time of registration £295+VAT.
- Pay later £320+VAT (this price includes an additional fee of £25+VAT for those choosing not to pay online at time of registration. All monies must be received before the start of the course, the pay later option is only available up to 2 weeks before the start of the course)
Please click on the date below to make a booking.
- 20 January 2021
Book by 6 January (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 13 January if paying by credit/debit card.
- 17 March 2021
Book by 3 March (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 10 March if paying by credit/debit card.
- 12 May 2021
Book by 28 April (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 5 May if paying by credit/debit card.
- 14 July 2021
Book by 30 June (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 7 July if paying by credit/debit card.
Our courses run six times a year in September, November, January, March, May and July.
What our delegates say about this course
“I have enjoyed the challenge of this course. being out of studying for a while, it’s hard to get back into that way of thinking. Really enjoy the input, the new terminology, the fresh perspective and the consideration for new learners.”
Our Level 4 and 5 CPD programme is approved by The CPD Standards Office.