Why take this short course?
DACPD84 – This Level 4 Unit gives practitioners the knowledge to compare recent models of reading skills and to understand their relevance to readers with dyslexia who are learning English or other alphabetic languages. It examines the phonological, morphological and orthographic processes that underlie reading competence and explains why explicit, structured tuition can help build language awareness in learners with dyslexia. It also considers the difficulties that readers with dyslexia can face when accessing print.
On completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand how learners typically acquire and develop reading skills
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact of dyslexia on the acquisition and development of reading skills
- Demonstrate understanding of reading strategies that can assist learners with dyslexia
- Identify support strategies for developing higher reading skills
How is the course delivered?
- The course is delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 7 week period)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the course
- This qualification equates to Level 4 or 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points
- Pay online by debit/credit card at the time of registration £295+VAT.
- Pay later £320+VAT (this price includes an additional fee of £25+VAT for those choosing not to pay online at time of registration. All monies must be received before the start of the course, the pay later option is only available up to 2 weeks before the start of the course)
Please click on the date below to make a booking.
- 10 July 2019
Book by 26 June (if pay later/invoice required upfront ) or book by 3 July if paying by credit/debit card.
- 18 September 2019
Book by 4 September (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 11 September if paying by credit/debit card.
- 20 November 2019
Book by 6 November (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 13 November if paying by credit/debit card.
- 22 January 2020
Book by 8 January (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 19 January if paying by credit/debit card.
- 25 March 2020
Book by 11 March (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 22 March if paying by credit/debit card.
- 27 May 2020
Book by 13 May (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 24 May if paying by credit/debit card.
- 15 July 2020
Book by 1 July (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 12 July if paying by credit/debit card.
What our delegates say about this course
“I have enjoyed the module and have found the materials provided both interesting and informative”
“Thank you for the help and support from tutors and other learners. Although at times I have found it challenging, I have been able to use what I have learnt and put this into practice with my students”
“This course was very informative and well presented. Excellent support from tutor with quick and helpful responses. This has been my first experience with Dyslexia Action and I intend to study further from here.”
Our Level 4 and 5 CPD programme is approved by The CPD Standards Office.