Why take this short course?
DACPD84 – This Level 4 Unit gives practitioners the knowledge to compare recent models of reading skills and to understand their relevance to readers with dyslexia who are learning English or other alphabetic languages. It examines the phonological, morphological and orthographic processes that underlie reading competence and explains why explicit, structured tuition can help build language awareness in learners with dyslexia. It also considers the difficulties that readers with dyslexia can face when accessing print.
On completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand how learners typically acquire and develop reading skills
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact of dyslexia on the acquisition and development of reading skills
- Demonstrate understanding of reading strategies that can assist learners with dyslexia
- Identify support strategies for developing higher reading skills
How is the course delivered?
- The courses are only delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time per Unit is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 7 week period per Unit)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the induction and course
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points
- Pay online by debit/credit card at the time of registration £295+VAT.
- Pay later £320+VAT (this price includes an additional fee of £25+VAT for those choosing not to pay online at time of registration. All monies must be received before the start of the course)
Please click on the date below to make a booking.