Why take this short course?
The Emotionally Connected Classroom (RT00001) – This short level 5 Unit aims to provide an understanding of the impact of emotions on the thinking brain and its implications for learning. It aims to give an introduction to key elements of current research and practice in mentalisation theory (understanding the mental state of oneself and others) and emotional coaching. The importance of connectedness and relationships.
On completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the impact of stress and trauma on the brain
- Discuss pupils’ emotions and the impact this can have on their behaviour
- Identify ideas for developing relational based practice in your provision
- Apply strategies to build pupils resources and resilience to manage their emotions
How is the course delivered?
- The course is delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Dyslexia Action uses the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) Campus Online as the method of delivery for SEMH units.
- Total study time is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 7 week period)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the course
- This qualification equates to Level 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points.
Please note: We reserve the right to request information in support of all applications from a headteacher or other suitably qualified line manager or referee.
- Pay online by debit/credit card at the time of registration £295+VAT.
- Pay later/Invoice upfront option £320+VAT (this price includes an additional fee of £25+VAT for those choosing not to pay online at time of registration.All monies must be received before the start of the course, the pay later option is only available up to 2 weeks before the start of the course)
Please click on the date below to make a booking.
- 14 July 2021 *special offer for July £10+VAT off July bookings (discount applied at check out)*
Book by 30 June (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 7 July if paying by credit/debit card.
- 15 September 2021
Book by 1 September (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 8 September if paying by credit/debit card at time of registration.
Our courses run six times a year in September, November, January, March, May and July.
“I found a lot of the course material extremely interesting. I especially like the video context, and the presentation. Dyslexia Action have excelled!”
“I have absolutely loved this course – it was exactly what I felt was missing from my ‘toolkit’ and now I can make sure that the impact is shared more widely in my new setting for the benefit of the children we serve. Thank you.”
“The course was perfect, the timing, the material, tasks were very well planned.”
Our Level 5 SEMH CPD Unit Programme is approved by The CPD Standards Office.
Our Level 4 and 5 CPD programme is approved by The CPD Standards Office and you receive a certificate from Dyslexia Action upon completion.