Are you looking for CPD training to expand your skills and to help overcome today’s challenges in schools?
An online review shared by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) highlighted that Continuing Professional Development (CPD) must be provided to help educators who support students with dyslexia and other literacy and specific learning difficulties (SpLD) engage with their learning and develop their abilities. Additionally, undertaking CPD accredited training is giving educators the opportunity to ensure their qualifications, and therefore their skills and knowledge, are maintained and up to date.
What can Dyslexia Action Training do to help broaden my knowledge while supporting those around me?
For 40 years, Dyslexia Action Training has been supporting teaching assistants, SENCOs, instructors, tutors, lecturers and learning support staff working overseas by implementing short CPD units, awards and certificates.
Dyslexia Action’s Level 4 & 5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programme.
Through a range of Level 4 and 5 CPD short courses, education support professionals can hone their skills and knowledge in order to be better prepared to face the challenges of supporting students with dyslexia and SpLDs in a classroom setting. The CPD Programme we offer is quality-assured by The CPD Standards Office and is made of independent short online courses, referred to as units. These units allow you to build up your own programme over time to gain either an Award (three units) or a Certificate (two awards/six units).
What are the benefits of joining the Dyslexia Action CPD Programme?
Our CPD courses have been set up to:
- Add real value to your educational setting, bringing new skills and abilities to create the optimum outcomes for students in your care
- Develop practical competence and personal confidence in your strategies in working with students with literacy challenges
- Learn whilst you study, with our practice-led approach helping embed your new theoretical knowledge in your real-world circumstances
- Studying online CPD courses which fit around personal and professional commitments
- Support from a team of specialist tutors
- Start a CPD pathway that will allow you to progress to The Certificate in Strategic Teaching Support for Dyslexia and Literacy to gain a recognised Level 5 SpLD Teacher/Practitioner qualification – The Level 5 Diploma in Strategic Teaching Support for Dyslexia and Literacy
- Once completed, The Level 5 Diploma would make you eligible for Associate Membership (ADG) of The Dyslexia Guild
Level 4 Online Certificate in Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia
The Level 4 Certificate in Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia is created by experts with real-world educational experience to empower delegates with practical and actionable skills, allowing you not only to engage with students with increased confidence but also to create a pathway for professional progression.
The Level 4 Certificate in Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia contains two awards/six CPD units.
Award in Perspectives on Dyslexia DAAWD51:
- Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties (DACPD51)
- Dyslexia: Supporting Individuals with Memory Weaknesses (DACPD52)
- Structured, Cumulative Multisensory Tuition for Learners with Dyslexia (DACPD53)
Award in Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia DAAWD67:
- Developing Reading Skills in Learners with Dyslexia (DACPD84)
- Developing Writing Skills in Learners with Dyslexia (DACPD85)
- Dyslexia in Multilingual Settings (DACPD94)
Alternative CPD Unit: Developing Numeracy Skills in Learners with Dyslexia and Dyscalculia (DACPD99) can be swapped out for either DACPD84 or DACPD85
Booking options to achieve this certificate
Option 1- Complete two Awards Courses. Book a set of three CPD units to achieve an Award. Completion of DAAWD51 and DAAWD67 will give you Certificate 67.
Option 2 – Complete six Individual CPD Units. Study DACPD51, 52, 53, 84, 85 or 94 individually to achieve Certificate 67.
What delegates say about our courses
Level 4 Certificate in Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia (DACRT67)
“The support offered here is excellent, the tutors are always available to help and I would highly recommend you study with Dyslexia Action.”
“This is an excellent short CPD course for me and I have enjoyed every single minute of it. I am very pleased that the course ran during the summer period, as this is the only time I can do any course to improve my skills. The tutors are very supportive.”
Have you heard of The Emotionally Connected Classroom?
Today, we are pleased to announce that our online Level 5 CPD SEMH course The Emotionally Connected Classroom won three stars for the CPD Category in The Teach Primary Awards 2021. Here is what one of the judges said:
“A specialist Level 5 CPD programme, this online training is in-depth and rigorously designed to develop practitioners’ SEMH skills in a range of settings. Participants can flexibly access course content and collaborative discussion forums around their in-school commitments.” – Teacher Development Trust
If you are interested in how relationships and connections can have an impact on pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH), then why not take a look at this CPD unit. More details on The Emotionally Connected Classroom can be found here.
How to use the discount code. The price of the course is £295 + VAT (£354 with VAT included). If this is of interest to you or a colleague, there is still time to register by completing an online booking form here and applying the discount code on the registration form. The price will then show as £318.60 including VAT. The discount code cannot be given in retrospect.
Find out more about our range of CPD courses and qualifications
You can contact us via email or call us on +44 (0)1784 222 304 to discuss any of our online training courses. If you have any questions or would like to discuss potential training for colleagues within your setting please do get in touch/