Why take this short course?
DACPD94 – This level 5 Unit course will explore the challenges presented when supporting multilingual learners with dyslexia. The learner’s cultural context will be considered, together with the impact this has on learning and progress. The key components for supporting multilingual learners will be examined with a view to identify appropriate support strategies for multilingual learners with dyslexia.
On completion, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the learner’s cultural context and the impact this has on their learning
- Demonstrate ways that dyslexia can be identified in multilingual learners
- Demonstrate how learning processes are affected by multilingualism and dyslexia
- Identify the key components of effective support for multilingual learners with dyslexia
How is the course delivered?
- The course is delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 7 week period)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the course
- This qualification equates to Level 4 or 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points if English is second language
CPD Progression - is this unit part of an Award, Certificate or Diploma qualification?
- Pay online by debit/credit card at the time of registration £295+VAT.
- Pay later £320+VAT (this price includes an additional fee of £25+VAT for those choosing not to pay online at time of registration. All monies must be received before the start of the course, the pay later option is only available up to 2 weeks before the start of the course)
Please click on the date below to make a booking.
- 18 March 2020
Book by 4 March (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 11 March if paying by credit/debit card.
- 13 May 2020
Book by 29 April (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 6 May if paying by credit/debit card.
- 15 July 2020
Book by 1 July (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 12 July if paying by credit/debit card.
Our Level 4 and 5 CPD programme is approved by The CPD Standards Office.