Why take this short course?
DACPD94 – This level 5 Unit course will explore the challenges presented when supporting multilingual learners with dyslexia. The learner’s cultural context will be considered, together with the impact this has on learning and progress. The key components for supporting multilingual learners will be examined with a view to identify appropriate support strategies for multilingual learners with dyslexia.
On completion, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the learner’s cultural context and the impact this has on their learning
- Demonstrate ways that dyslexia can be identified in multilingual learners
- Demonstrate how learning processes are affected by multilingualism and dyslexia
- Identify the key components of effective support for multilingual learners with dyslexia
How is the course delivered?
- The courses are only delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organize your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time per Unit is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 6 week period per Unit)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the induction and course
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points if English is second language
- Pay Online at the time of registration £295 + VAT.
- Pay Later £325 + VAT.
* Please note there is an additional fee of £25(Plus VAT) for any payments not made online at the time of registration by credit/debit card
* Please click here for Information about Reclaiming VAT
Please click on the date below to make a booking.