Why take this short course?
DACPD93– This Level 5 Writing Skills in Adults with Dyslexia Unit is designed to increase understanding of the processes involved in developing adults’ writing skills and to provide strategies for use in the classroom. Although the focus is on how to nurture the development of writing skills in learners with dyslexia, the approach will benefit a wide range of learners struggling to acquire effective writing skills.
How is the course delivered?
- The course is delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 7 week period)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the course
- This qualification equates to Level 4 or 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points if English is second language
CPD Progression - is this unit part of an Award, Certificate or Diploma qualification?
- Pay online by debit/credit card at the time of registration £295+VAT.
- Pay later £320+VAT (this price includes an additional fee of £25+VAT for those choosing not to pay online at time of registration. All monies must be received before the start of the course, the pay later option is only available up to 2 weeks before the start of the course)
Please click on the date below to make a booking.
- 17 March 2021
Book by 3 March (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 10 March if paying by credit/debit card.
- 12 May 2021
Book by 28 April (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 5 May if paying by credit/debit card.
- 14 July 2021
Book by 30 June (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 7 July if paying by credit/debit card.
Our courses run six times a year in September, November, January, March, May and July.
Our Level 4 and 5 CPD programme is approved by The CPD Standards Office.