We are excited to be adding a new date for The Emotionally Connected Classroom online short CPD Unit, which starts on 13 September.
What’s more, you can save £10+VAT when you book before 30 August!
The discount will be automatically applied at the time of registration (once you have logged in or registered for an account, the discount cannot be applied in retrospect).
Book by 30 August (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 6 September if paying by credit/debit card at time of registration.
What is The Emotionally Connected Classroom?
This Level 5 CPD unit provides an understanding of the impact of emotions on the thinking brain and its implications for learning. It gives an introduction to key elements of current research and practice in mentalisation theory (understanding the mental state of oneself and others) and emotional coaching.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the impact of stress and trauma on the brain
- Discuss pupils’ emotions and the impact this can have on their behaviour
- Identify ideas for developing relational based practice in your provision
- Apply strategies to build pupils resources and resilience to manage their emotions
- Promote a positive message around well-being and mental health, including how relationships and connections can be developed in a classroom environment to help support pupils with special education needs
- Support teaching assistant roles, as well as teachers, SENCOs, and other SEND professionals implement effective interventions strategies for pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs in classroom settings.
How is the course delivered?
- The course is delivered fully online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- The unit requires 30 hours of study over a seven-week period
- Tutor support is offered via the course forums
- There are set start and assignment submission dates but there is no ‘live’ delivery which requires you to be online at certain times
- You will not require a student to work with for this unit
- This qualification equates to Level 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
How do I register for the offer?
Please follow these simple steps:
- Go to our booking page online to select The Emotionally Connected Classroom and the date you wish to start, e.g. 13 September.
- On the next page, click ‘Register now’.
- Please ensure you are logged in or have registered for an account prior to unit registration in order for the discount to be applied to your order.