Recent evidence shared in a January 2022 report by Pro Bono Economics showed that providing continuing professional development (CPD) is key to improving teachers retention. The data suggest improved CPD could result in a 2% rise in the retention rate, equivalent to around 12,000 teachers per year before 2024.
For fifty years, Dyslexia Action Training has helped educators including teaching assistants, SENCOs, instructors, tutors, lecturers and learning support staff by implementing short CPD Units, Awards and Certificates. Our online courses have broadened the educational support professionals require to be better prepared to face the challenges of supporting students with dyslexia and SpLDs in today’s education system.
Dyslexia Action’s Level 4 and 5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programme.
Through a range of Level 4 and 5 CPD short courses, education support professionals can hone their skills and knowledge to be better prepared to face the challenges of supporting students with dyslexia and SpLDs.
The CPD Programme we offer is quality-assured by The CPD Standards Office is made up of independent short online courses, referred to as Units. These Units can be studied independently or built up over time to gain either an Award (three Units) or a Certificate (two Awards/six CPD Units). This flexible programme offers the opportunity to choose from a range of study options:
- Units – Enhance your skills in a particular area with just one Level 4 or 5 Unit
- Awards – Combine three Units to achieve an Award
- Certificates – Combine two Awards (six Units) to achieve a Certificate
- Diploma – Study one of our CPD Pathway Certificates or The Level 5 Award in Focal Points for Literacy, alongside The Level 5 Certificate in Strategic Teaching Support for Dyslexia and Literacy to achieve The Level 5 Diploma in Strategic Teaching Support for Dyslexia and Literacy (DADIP61).
Unique benefits of studying with Dyslexia Action
We are an established online specialist education training provider. Studying online CPD courses with us means teaching professionals can fit online learning around personal and professional commitments. Other benefits will help our students to
- Add real value to your educational setting, bringing new skills and abilities to create the optimum outcomes for students in your care
- Develop practical competence and personal confidence in your strategies in working with students with literacy challenges learn whilst you study, with our practice-led approach helping embed your new theoretical knowledge in your real-world circumstances.
- Expert tutor support and access to forums online to provide guidance and allow participants to share best practices with peers
Our Level 4 and 5 CPD programme is CPD Standards Office approved, and you will receive a certificate from Dyslexia Action upon completion.
Start a CPD Unit or an Award at a time that suits you!
Level 4 and 5 CPD short courses for teaching professionals at all levels run six times a year with start dates in September, November, January, March, May and July. Our next available for 2021/2022 are:
- 16 March 2022
- 11 May 2022
If you want to apply for any of the above courses, please go to our Make a booking page.
Please note: it takes time to process your application and payment. We recommend registering as soon as possible so you do not miss our next intake.
- Learn more about one particular area of dyslexia by studying one CPD Unit. The cost of a single Unit is £285 + VAT
- Study three CPD Units to gain an Award* for £855 + VAT
When you book an Award, you will study the first Unit on the Award start date, then the second and third Units will follow in date succession. You will have to complete the three individual Units within one year.
Get in touch to learn more about our CPD courses and qualifications.
You can contact us via email or call us on +44 (0)1784 222 304 to discuss any of our online training courses. If you have any questions or would like to discuss potential training for colleagues, please do get in touch.