Reading Skills for World Book Day 2020
Launched in April 1995 by UNESCO, World Book Day supports children in the UK and Ireland. This event promotes books and reading skills in schools by letting children wear a fancy dress of a character that inspired their childhood.
How can we help you develop your students’ reading skills?
For 40 years, Dyslexia Action has been supporting teaching assistants, SENCOs, instructors, tutors, lecturers and learning support staff by implementing programmes promoting reading skills. By enrolling on to our Unit in Developing Reading Skills in Learners with Dyslexia (DACPD84), applicants will be able to:
1. Compare recent models of reading skills and understand their relevance to readers with dyslexia who are learning English or other alphabetic languages
2. Examine the phonological, morphological and orthographic processes that underlie reading competence and explain why explicit, structured tuition can help build language awareness in learners with dyslexia
3. Consider the difficulties that readers with dyslexia can face when accessing print.
How is this course delivered?
Our Unit in Developing Reading Skills in Learners with Dyslexia (DACPD84) is part of Dyslexia Action’s Level 4 and 5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programme. The CPD Programme is quality assured by The CPD Standards Office.
Our CPD programme is made of independent short units which allow you to build up your own programme overtime to gain either an Award (3 Units) or a Certificate (2 Awards) and finally a Level 5 SpLD Teaching Diploma.
These courses are delivered online, supported by a tutor, and are completed within 7 weeks. Upon completion, you will receive a Dyslexia Action Unit Certificate.
What is the special offer for the Reading Unit for May 2020?
Book this unit with us by 25 April 2020 for a 13 May start and receive a £20 discount.
The total charge inclusive of VAT is £334*. Please enter WBD20 under the fees section/discount code and click apply to update the price.
Please note this discount is only applicable to May 2020 Unit and cannot be applied in retrospect.
*Initial unit price £354 inclusive of VAT
What can I do after this unit?
If you wish to progress your studies with us in the future, the DACPD84 unit can be used as a part contribution to one of the following pathways:
Literacy CPD Programme
- Award in Developing Literacy Skills in Learners with Dyslexia (DAAWD52)
- Certificate in Supporting Literacy in Learners with Dyslexia (DACRT51)
International CPD Programme
- Award in Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia (DAAWD67)
- Certificate in Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia (DACRT67)
How can I book or find out more?
Terms and conditions apply for the special offer – please contact us for details.