Why take this short course?
DACPD87 – This Level 5 Unit begins with a consideration of what is meant by study skills. It goes on to explore the barriers to learning that can impede the development of study skills in learners with dyslexia and the teaching methods that can improve their access to learning.
On completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify the skills and attributes needed by the learner for effective self-study
- Identify difficulties that learners with dyslexia may experience in developing study skills
- Describe a range of strategies that will develop study skills in learners with dyslexia
- Critically reflect current practice and offer suggestions for improvement
How is the course delivered?
- The courses are only delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organize your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time per Unit is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 6 week period per Unit)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the induction and course
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points if English is the second language.
- Pay Online at the time of registration £295 + VAT.
- Pay Later £325 + VAT.
* Please note there is an additional fee of £25(Plus VAT) for any payments not made online at the time of registration by credit/debit card
* Please click here for Information about Reclaiming VAT