Why take this short course?
DACPD91– This Level 4 Unit provides a framework for the support of adults with dyslexia and co-occurring difficulties in a variety of post-compulsory education environments. The holistic needs of the individual will be considered, as well as the barriers that adults can face once they leave school. Issues surrounding communication and support will be explored. Memory, attention and the environment will be reviewed as a foundation to support provision, whether in further or higher education, work-based training, and apprenticeships, or other environments in which learning takes place with adults.
On completion, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the impact dyslexia has on day-to-day adult life
- Identify what support can be provided by the setting and locate external agencies that also offer support
- Demonstrate an understanding of underlying cognitive factors in dyslexia and co-occurring difficulties
How is the course delivered?
- The courses are only delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organize your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time per Unit is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 6 week period per Unit)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the induction and course
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points if English is second language
- Pay Online at the time of registration £295 + VAT.
- Pay Later £325 + VAT.
* Please note there is an additional fee of £25(Plus VAT) for any payments not made online at the time of registration by credit/debit card
* Please click here for Information about Reclaiming VAT
Please click on the date below to make a booking.