Why take this short course?
The Relating Classroom (RT00001) – This short level 5 Unit provides aims to provide an understanding of the impact of emotions on the thinking brain and its implications for learning. It aims to provide an introduction to key elements of current research and practice in mentalisation theory (understanding the mental state of oneself and others) and emotional coaching. The importance of connectedness and relationships.
On completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the impact of stress and trauma on the brain
- Discuss pupils’ emotions and the impact this can have on their behaviour
- Identify ideas for developing relational based practice in your provision
- Apply strategies to build pupils resources and resilience to manage their emotions
How is the course delivered?
- The course is delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Dyslexia Action uses the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) Campus Online as the method of delivery for SEMH units.
- Total study time is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 7 week period)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the course
- This qualification equates to Level 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points.
Please note: We reserve the right to request information in support of all applications from a headteacher or other suitably qualified line manager or referee.
CPD Progression - is this unit part of an Award or further qualifications?
The online SEMH Programme units offered at level 5 will give you the option to combine units to achieve Awards, which are currently under approval and quality-assured by The CPD Standards Office.
- Pay online by debit/credit card at the time of registration £295+VAT.
- Pay later £320+VAT (this price includes an additional fee of £25+VAT for those choosing not to pay online at time of registration. All monies must be received before the start of the course, the pay later option is only available up to 2 weeks before the start of the course)
Please click on the date below to make a booking.
- 18 November 2020
Book by 4 November (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 11 November if paying by credit/debit card.
- 20 January 2021
Book by 6 January (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 13 January if paying by credit/debit card.
- 17 March 2021
Book by 3 March (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 10 March if paying by credit/debit card.
- 12 May 2021
Book by 28 April (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 5 May if paying by credit/debit card.
- 14 July 2021
Book by 30 June (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 7 July if paying by credit/debit card.
Our courses run six times a year in September, November, January, March, May and July.
Our Level 5 SEMH CPD Unit Programme has been submitted for accreditation which is due to be awarded by The CPD Standards Office by November 2020.