This Level 7 Specialist Assessor course (SASC approved) has been designed to enable you to measure several areas of memory and learning potential (for example, aptitude with visual and configural information, aptitude holding and manipulating sound information, associative learning, etc.) using the popular learning and memory assessment battery TOMAL2.
Why take this short course?
There are data analysis exercises to help improve your interpretation of sub-test findings and statistical quizzes to check your understanding of key terminology and achievement criteria across all the components of any kind of student work, from written to oral to visual.
The course also provides the opportunity to discuss and examine some current assessment practices/conventions including some more advanced statistical methods.
- you may need access to a copy of TOMAL2 to study this course; it is not a requirement to have used it previously.
- if you are a member of the Dyslexia Action Guild then you may be able to borrow a copy (subject to availability.)
- course content may be subject to change
How is the course delivered and does it offer CPD hours?
- 30 hours of online learning, conducted over a 4 week period
- This course is registered as Approved CPD with SASC and meets the requirements for 5 hours of SASC approved CPD
- A Certificate of Verified CPD is produced for those participants who upload a Professional Practice Portfolio that demonstrates interaction with and understanding of the course materials (10 hours CPD total)
- An online tutor will offer discussion and support throughout the duration of the course
- Participants must complete the assignments and cannot be given access as ‘read-only’ courses
Participants must have already qualified as specialist SpLD assessors (MDG Dyslexia Guild or AMBDA British Dyslexia Association). Suitable qualifying courses include, but are not restricted to:
- Dyslexia Action Professional/Postgraduate Certificate in Assessment Practice for Dyslexia and Literacy
- Dyslexia Action Professional/Postgraduate Diploma in Dyslexia and Literacy
- Dyslexia Institute Diploma qualifications
- Hornsby Postgraduate Diploma in Specialist Teaching
- Other BDA Accredited Level 7 Specialist Assessor qualifications
- £285 +VAT for Guild Members paying online by debit/credit card at the time of registration.
- £295 +VAT for Non-Guild Members paying online by debit/credit card at the time of registration.
Please note if you select the ‘pay later’ option an additional fee of £25 +VAT will be added to your invoice. All monies must be received before the start of the course.
- 20 January 2021 – bookings open
Book by 6 January (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 13 January if paying by credit/debit card.
- 12 May 2021 – booking opens 18 March
Book by 28 April (if pay later/invoice required upfront) or book by 5 May if paying by credit/debit card.