Why take this short course?
DACPD53– This Level 5 Unit introduces the practitioner to the concepts of structured, cumulative, multisensory learning. The links between attention, memory and multisensory input are explained, and the need for structured, explicit intervention is examined. Completion of the Unit will enable the practitioner to design lessons which maximise learning potential.
On completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of structured, cumulative, multisensory tuition.
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of structure in supporting learners with dyslexia and co-occurring difficulties.
- Distinguish between the practices of over-learning and cumulative tuition.
- Describe the link between multisensory input, attention and memory.
How is the course delivered?
- The courses are only delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organize your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time per Unit is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 6 week period per Unit)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the induction and course
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally.
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function.
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points.
- Pay Online at the time of registration £295 + VAT.
- Pay Later £325 + VAT.
* Please note there is an additional fee of £25(Plus VAT) for any payments not made online at the time of registration by credit/debit card
* Please click here for Information about Reclaiming VAT
Please click on the date below to make a booking.