Why take this short course?
DACPD51 – This Level 4 unit short course provides an introduction to key elements of current research and practice in dyslexia, and conditions that commonly co-occur with it. It aims to provide an understanding of current theories of dyslexia and the impact that dyslexia and co-occurring difficulties have on performance in a range of settings.
On completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify key features of dyslexia and examine a range of current definitions of dyslexia
- Identify the key features of conditions that commonly co-occur with dyslexia
- Appreciate the impact that the overlap of dyslexia, and conditions that commonly co-occur with it, has on day-to-day living and academic progress
- These qualifications equate to Level 4 or 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
How is the course delivered?
- The course is delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 7 week period)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the course
- This qualification equates to Level 4 or 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course.
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally.
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function.
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 points.
Please note: We reserve the right to request information in support of all applications from a headteacher or other suitably qualified line manager or referee.
- Pay online by debit/credit card at the time of registration £295+VAT.
- Pay later £320+VAT (this price includes an additional fee of £25+VAT for those choosing not to pay online at time of registration. All monies must be received before the start of the course, the pay later option is only available up to 2 weeks before the start of the course)
Please click on the date below to make a booking.
What our delegates say about this course
“This course was very informative and well presented. Excellent support from tutor with quick and helpful responses. This has been my first experience with Dyslexia Action and I intend to study further from here.”